You have definitely hit on a hot topic button here. Here are a few suggestions;
1) Play the proper tee boxes. I see far to many players teeing it up from the tips that just don’t belong there.
2) Unless you are the first to play your second shot have an idea which clubs you are probably going to need before it is your turn.
3) Keep up with the group in front of you. If you stay on the group in front of you it should help to keep the pace of play moving.
4) Be considerate. Everybody pays a greens fee to play. They have an expectation of how long it will take to play around of golf. Don’t ruin everyone else’s experience.
5) They have done studies on this. When people play faster they usually play better. It allows you to get in a rhythm. If your only getting to play a shot every 20 minutes its hard to get in a rhythm.